The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has approved the addition of the next Device Model Combinations (DMCs) to the Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specifications (SMETS)1 Eligible Product Combination List (EPCL).
This includes the addition of the first Active installations to the EPCL and the first DMCs relating to Elster meters. The addition of these new DMCs will enable the migration of these devices to the DCC system and use of SMETS1 services by DCC Users. In doing so this will allow Energy Suppliers to bring back Smart Services for those customers who have lost them and enable them to retain services on Change of Supplier.
What parts of the SEC were affected?
- Appendix J ‘Enduring Testing Approach Document’
- Appendix AM ‘SMETS1 Supporting Requirements’
Where can I find further information?
- The re-designation direction and associated documents, including the redlined changes to Appendix J and Appendix AM, can be found here.
- You can download a zip folder containing SEC v6.22 here, or download the individual sections of the SEC from the SEC and Guidance Documents page of our website.
- If you have any questions or would like to discuss these changes to the SEC further, please contact us at 020 7090 7755 or email email@example.com.