The Technical Architecture and Business Architecture Sub-Committee (TABASC) was established to provide advice and guidance to the SEC Panel regarding Technical Code Specifications, End-to-End Technical Architecture, and Business Architecture. The TABASC meets on a monthly basis.
End-to-End Technical Architecture means the DCC Systems and the Smart Metering Systems together, including as documented in the Technical Code Specifications. Business Architecture is the framework designed to enable Parties to use the Services and/or to enable Parties, Energy Consumers and those acting on behalf of Energy Consumers to access the functionality described in the Technical Specifications.
The functions of the TABASC, as set out in Section F1 of the SEC, include but are not limited to, the following:
Document Development and Maintenance
- Develop and maintain the Technical Architecture Document
- Develop and maintain the Business Architecture Document
Details on both documents are available on the Business Architecture Document and Technical Architecture Document page on the SEC Website.
Support and Advice
- Provide support and advice in respect of Modification Proposals that affect or are likely to require change to the Technical Code Specifications, the End-to-End Technical Architecture and/or the Business Architecture
- Provide support and advice in respect of Disputes relating to Technical Code Specifications, the End-to-End Technical Architecture and/or the Business Architecture
- Review and report to the Panel on the effectiveness of the End-to-End Technical Architecture and of the Business Architecture
- Review and report to the Authority and the Panel the effectiveness of the HAN Requirements
The TABASC has developed a set of principles to facilitate the assessment of Modification Proposals, which can be found on the right, under Documents.
The TABASC is made up of:
- 6 Large Suppliers
- 2 Small Suppliers
- 2 Network Parties (1 Gas and 1 Electricity)
- 2 Other Parties
- An Independent Chair
You can view the current members below, and enquire about our current vacancies here.
Meeting documentation for the Panel and its Sub-Committees can be accessed by visiting the Meeting Calendar page and selecting the applicable meeting calendar entry.
Technical and Business Expert Community (TBEC)
Due to the wide and varied nature of the duties that fall within the Technical Architecture and Business Architecture Sub-Committee’s (TABASC’s) remit, the Technical and Business Expert Community (TBEC) was established to support and provide expertise to the TABASC when required.