The Operations Group (OPSG) was established by the SEC Panel in accordance with Section C2.4(d) of the SEC. The purpose of the OPSG is to deal with operational matters relating to the services provided under the SEC, including DCC Services, and to enable close co-operation between the DCC and DCC Users.
The OPSG focusses on cross-industry matters that affect, or have the potential to affect, multiple SEC Parties. Within this context, an ‘Operational Matter’ is anything which relates to a service delivered across the End-to-End Smart Metering System. The OPSG meets twice a month for one main meeting and one reporting meeting.
The functions the OPSG are defined as:
- Enabling and encouraging close collaboration and understanding between Users and the DCC on Operational Matters; and
- Providing informed feedback to the DCC on the performance of operational services, impacts on Users, and, as needed, amelioration of problems and rectification of defects.
In addition to the duties set out above, the OPSG reviews a number of reports which have been delegated to it by the SEC Panel which can be found here.
The Operations Group is made up of:
- 1 person appointed by each of the Large Supplier Voting Groups
- 3 persons appointed by Small Suppliers, Electricity and Gas Networks and Other SEC Parties
- DCC representatives
- TABASC representative
- Ofgem and BEIS representatives
- An Independent Chair
You can view the current members below, and enquire about our current vacancies here.
Meeting documentation for the Panel and its Sub-Committees can be accessed by visiting the Meeting Calendar page and selecting the applicable meeting calendar entry.