All Energy Suppliers which hold an energy licence are required to become a DCC User, as per the licence conditions.
Only DCC Users can use the DCC Services; such as communicating via the DCC User Interface and enrolling Smart Metering Systems as described in SEC Section H ‘DCC Services’.
|Energy Licence Held||Licence Conditions to |
become a DCC User
|Electricity Distribution||Condition 21A||N/A|
|Electricity Supply||Condition 48||Conditions 39 and 48.9|
|Gas Supplier||Condition 42||Conditions 33 and 42.9|
SECAS and the DCC will help you to meet the criteria to become a DCC User. You must be a SEC Party to begin this process. Once you become a SEC Party, you will need to complete the User Entry Process (UEP). SECAS manage this process, and the DCC will help you to meet the criteria required, set out below.
Our UEP Guidance document explains what you need to do to successfully become a DCC User.
The DCC’s Interactive Guide is useful to understand the SMKI and Repository Entry Process Testing (SREPT) and User Entry Process Testing (UEPT) processes, which you will need to complete as part of the UEP.
Helpful tip: Our UEP Evidence Form is a handy checklist for you to track progress and submit to SECAS once you have completed the steps above.
- User Entry Process Guidance v1.3
- User Entry Process - Evidence Form
- Estimated DCC User Timeline
- DCC User Checklist for Small Suppliers
- DCC User Checklist for Distribution Networks
- DCC User Checklist for Other SEC Parties
- SEC Party Contact Form
- SREPT Testing Completions (AMBER) 03/08/2020
- UEPT Testing Completions (AMBER) 03/08/2020
- SMETS1 Eligibility Testing Completions (AMBER) 03/08/2020