Below you can find links useful links to those involved in the Smart Metering Implementation Programme (SMIP) and Smart Energy Code (SEC):
Links to Documentation Useful to Industry Participants
The purpose of this reference list is to assist industry with navigation to a variety of the more technical materials that may be of useful to note. The links are provided for information and as an aid and it can, therefore, never be a definitive list and do not replace or supersede the SEC or these related arrangements in any way. Parties should always refer to Licence Conditions and SEC in the first instance. Some of the links provided may require additional access permissions to be sort from other parties, where appropriate, an attempt to explain this is provided.
- Licence Conditions
- Guide to the Energy Supply Smart Meter Licence Conditions document
- Electricity Supply Standard Licence Conditions
- Gas Supplier Standard Licence Conditions
- Smart Meter Communication Licence
SEC and SEC Guidance (including GBCS and Technical Specifications)
Note: once you have opened the above link to the Smart Energy Code page, navigate to the SEC Sections tab for SEC Sections (A – Z) and SEC Schedules (1 – 11), the SEC Subsidiary Documents tab for the SEC Subsidiary Documents (Appendix A – AI), and the SEC Section Guidance tab for the SEC Section Guidance.
- SEC Sections (A – Z)
- SEC Schedules (1 – 11)
- SEC Subsidiary Documents (Appendix A – AI)
- SEC Section Guidance (A – Z)
Note: once navigated to the above link to the Smart Energy Code page, navigate to the SEC Sections tab for the SEC Schedules (1 – 11).
- SEC Schedule 8 – GB Companion Specification (GBCS) Version 1.0
- SEC Schedule 8 – GB Companion Specification (GBCS) Version 1.1
- SEC Schedule 8 – GB Companion Specification (GBCS) Version 2.0
- SEC Schedule 8 – GB Companion Specification (GBCS) Version 3.0
- SEC Schedule 9 – SME Technical Specifications 1 (SMETS1) Version 1.2
- SEC Schedule 9 – SME Technical Specifications 2 (SMETS2) Version 2.0
- SEC Schedule 9 – SME Technical Specifications 2 (SMETS2) Version 3.0
- SEC Schedule 9 – SME Technical Specifications 2 (SMETS2) Version 4.0
- SEC Schedule 10 – CH Technical Specifications (CHTS) Version 1.0
- SEC Schedule 10 – CH Technical Specifications (CHTS) Version 1.1
- SEC Schedule 10 – CH Technical Specifications (CHTS) Version 1.2
Commercial Products Assurance – Security Characteristics
- Commercial Product Assurance (CPA) Security Characteristics (SC) for Smart Meters – NCSC CPA SC for SM
- The CPA Build Standard
- Gas Smart Metering Equipment – CPA SC
- Electricity Smart Metering Equipment – CPA SC
- Smart Metering – Communications Hub – CPA SC
- Smart Metering – HAN Connected Auxiliary Load Control Switch: CPA SC
Note: the documents are provided for UK Smart Energy partners of the Zigbee Alliance to download documents referred to by the GB Companion Specification (GBCS). Users must register their details as a prerequisite in order to download.
- Device Language Message Specification (DLMS) User Association – DLMS / COSEM specification is fully descripted in UA coloured books
DUIS, MMC, Communications Hub Support Materials
Note: once navigated to the above link to the Smart Energy Code page, navigate to the SEC Subsidiary Documents tab for the SEC Subsidiary Documents (Appendix A – AI).
- SEC Appendix AF – Message Mapping Catalogue (MMC) Version 1.0
- SEC Appendix AF – Message Mapping Catalogue (MMC) Version 2.0
- SEC Appendix AD – DCC User Interface Specification (DUIS) Version 1.1
- SEC Appendix AD – DCC User Interface Specification (DUIS) Version 2.0
- SEC Appendix E – DCC User Interface Services Schedule (UISS)
- SEC Appendix H – CH Handover Support Materials (CHHSM)
- SEC Appendix I – CH Installation and Maintenance Support (CHIMS)
- SEC Appendix J – Enduring Testing Approach Document
- SEC Appendix AC – Inventory, Enrolment and Withdrawal Procedures (IEWP)
- SEC Appendix R – Common Test Scenarios Document (CTSD)
Intimate Communications Hub Interface Specification (ICHIS)
Certified Products List (CPL)
Deployed Products List (DPL)
Documents Supporting Regulation
- The Developing SEC (future release baselines):
- This links to a page of tables of Draft SEC Documents, that are baselined under the Smart Metering Implementation Programme (SMIP) Transitional Governance arrangements of the Technical and Business Design Group (TBDG). This page also includes Release Notes.
- Issue Resolution Process
- Appeals and Disputes
- Design Notes and Interim Approaches
- Business Architecture Document for Smart Metering GB
- Business Architecture Model
- Technical Architecture Document
Note: to request access to BEIS Huddle site, email: email@example.com.
- Issues Management Process
- Issues Log
- Note: the ‘Assumptions Tabs’ setting out IRPs / CRPs that are assumed to have been implemented in advance of a given release;
- Issues Log ‘Document Issues’ tab and filter on ‘Category’ column as ‘Explain’; and
- Filter the ‘FAQ’ column to ‘Y’ for issues that have not resulted in a document change, but for which the ‘Explain’ may contain particularly useful information.
- Huddle Supporting Documents
- For additional information too big to fit in Issues Log, referenced where appropriate
- Technical Specification Issue Resolution Subgroup (TSIRS) minutes
- Non GBCS Non Mandated Alerts (NGNM):
- Context: Parse software is being amended to allow any new non-mandated alerts of the right format (as specified by GBCS) to be passed to the supplier (or relevant DCC User) and BEIS has provided a “holding bay” on Huddle (GBCS feedback supporting documents area) for new non-mandatory alerts to be captured until they are adopted by the SEC. Suppliers and manufacturers have a general (but non regulatory) responsibility to ensure all alerts supported by their devices beyond those specified in the SEC are captured in the holding bay until they are adopted by the SEC.
- Link to Register
- Form to raise new ‘NGNM’ Alert Code
DCC Service Users’ SharePoint Site
DCC provides the a secure SharePoint space where working drafts, discussion slide decks and other documents and artefacts in development are shared with parties who sign up to the DCC SharePoint usage policy. It operates as a ‘virtual’ User forum for those who engage regularly with source materials and for informed but occasional Users.
Note: To request access to the DCC SharePoint, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related non-SEC documents:
- DCC SharePoint documents:
- DCC DUIS Guidance Notes
- DCC business design forum documents
- DCC technical design forum documents
- DCC Charging Methodology
- DCC Charging Statements
- DCC Interface Testing