An updated version of the SEC came into effect on 18 July 2022 to implement MP200 ‘Faster Switching consequential changes to the SEC’.
MP200 is an Authority-Led Variation implemented as part of Ofgem’s Faster Switching Programme. Several SEC Sections and Appendices have been amended in order to facilitate the go-live of the Centralised Switching Service (CSS). These changes have been deemed as consequential changes that have minor, if any, impacts on SEC Parties.
By implementing the consequential changes to the SEC and to other industry Codes, consumers will be able to realise the benefits from Ofgem’s Faster Switching Programme.
What parts of the SEC were affected?
The following parts of the SEC were affected:
- Section A ‘Definitions and Interpretation’
- Section E ‘Registration Data’
- Section G ‘Security’
- Section H ‘DCC Services’
- Section K ‘Charging Methodology’
- Section L ‘Smart Metering Key Infrastructure and DCC Key Infrastructure’
- Section P ‘Production Proving’
- Appendix X ‘Registration Data Interface Specification’
- Appendix Y ‘Registration Data Interface Code of Connection’
- Appendix AG ‘Incident Management Policy’
- Appendix AL ‘SMETS1 Transition and Migration Approach Document’
Where can I access the legal text?
The redlined changes can be found on CodeWorks via the links below:
Our Document Log lists the versions of each SEC document now in effect following this release.
You can download the individual SEC documents from the SEC and Supporting Documents section of our website or via CodeWorks.