In accordance with SEC Section F2 and established and maintained by (SECAS on behalf of) the SEC Panel, the Certified Products List (CPL) is a list of Device Models by Device Type (which specify both hardware and firmware version of the Device Type in question), which have been granted the required Assurance Certificates1.
The CPL will have two primary SEC-defined uses:
- informing SEC Parties of which Device Models are currently assured in line with SEC requirements; and
- acting as a means for the DCC to manage their Smart Metering Inventory, controlling the Devices with which they can communicate.
Please note there may be a delay between the published CPL on this web page being uploaded by the DCC into its Data Service Provider (DSP) System.
Following the designation of SEC Appendix Z – CPL Requirements Document on 27th October 2016, the CPL is now live.
The latest version of the workbook will always be available on this page. Please note that the structure and content of the CPL is defined within the SEC Subsidiary Document, the Certified Products List Requirements Document (SEC Appendix Z).
Individuals wishing to submit a Device Model for inclusion on the CPL should familiarise themselves with the submission guidance, available at the bottom of this page. If any further assistance is needed, please contact the SECAS helpdesk.
The latest version of the workbook can be downloaded from the end of this page. The CPL exists as a workbook which includes a number of tabs:
- the first tab provides version control information and details of changes made between versions;
- the second provides the listing of Device Models, as described in SEC Section F2.1 and the CPL Requirements Document;
- the third tab acts as the submission form (please see the ‘New Entry Form’ details below and the submission guidance for further information); and
- the final tab provides the same information as the second tab, re-structured into a format agreed with the DCC for the purpose of their management the Smart Metering Inventory, as described in SEC Section F2.9. Further detail is available below.
Changes to the content requirements of the CPL will be managed via the SEC Section D ‘Modifications Process’.
New Entry Form
The CPL Workbook also includes the form which organisations must complete as part of the process of adding a new Device Model / Device Type combination to the CPL.
The fields in the New Entry Form are identical to those on the CPL itself. However the form provides guidance on how fields must be completed and also prevents the completion of values which must be assigned by SECAS, such as the CPL entry number and entry status. Validation rules are applied when completing the form, informing the user and preventing invalid values from being entered.
It is envisaged that new entry forms will be emailed, alongside the required assurance certificates and any additional supporting evidence or Release Notes, to SECAS – SECAS@gemserv.com.
Version Control and export to .csv
A Version Control tab is included in the CPL Workbook. This assists SECAS with its configuration management and provides a level of traceability for all versions of the CPL, as well as providing a specific record of all changes made.
At the request of the DCC, a tab allowing the export of the CPL to CSV format has also been included in the CPL Workbook. The tab cannot be edited and is based solely on the relevant parts of the CPL itself. However, it is formatted in such a manner which allows it to be saved as a CSV file. This option has been included to facilitate the DCC’s import of the CPL into their systems for the purpose of managing the Smart Metering Inventory.
- Certified Products List v1.48 - 13022018
- Certified Product List Submission Guidance v1.2
- ZigBee Manufacture Codes - 05072017
- Additional CPL Submission Guidance - Certificate Content Alignment or Supplementary Supporting Evidence v2.1
1 Devices will require one or more of the following three Assurance Certificates. Requirements depend on the nature of the Device and are defined in Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specifications and Communications Hub Technical Specifications.
Commercial Product Assurance (CPA) Certificates: Required for all Devices other than Prepayment Interface Device (PPMID) and Type 2 Devices
Device Language Message Specification (DLMS) Certificates: Only required for Single/Twin/Polyphase Electricity Smart Metering Equipment
Zigbee: All Devices