|Date raised||19/02/2016||Modifications Path||Path 2 – Authority Determination|
|Current stage||Not Applicable||Overall status||Rejected|
|Proposer name||Paul Saker||Proposer's organisation||EDF Energy|
Addition of Device Serial Number in the Smart Metering Inventory to enable mapping between data held in the DCC systems, and industry dataflows.
SECMP0004 is out for a second Modification Report Consultation. Responses are due by EOB 7th August .
On the 2nd June 2017, the Authority (BEIS) issued a decision letter sending SECMP0004 back for further work. The letter sets out that they are unable to make a decision at this time and required details on the following:
- Further detail on the business case of the Modification Proposal to the Proposer;
- Further detail of the cost, benefits and impacts of the modification on industry (including the DCC) and a balanced assessment of the associated benefits (both qualitative and quantitative);
- Consideration of the viability of the proposal, specifically the availability of the information that needs to be supplied to support the back-filling of Device Serial Number data within the Smart Metering Inventory;
- Further consideration of other alternative solution to achieve the principle aim of the Modification Proposal, including a comparison of the costs, benefits, risks and impacts (where possible).
In addition the Authority have requested a revised implementation date in light of the indications from the DCC that they cannot implement Modification Proposal prior to 2019. The Authority letter which provides the full details on why SECMP0004 has been sent-back is available under the Modification Decision chevron below.
The Panel considered the Send-Back at its June meeting. The Panel agreed an approach to take which will take the form of a further consultation with SEC Parties, to obtain extra input on the case for the modification. The consultation was issued on 17th July 2017, following receipt and confirmation from the DCC on when it could implement the Modification Proposal in 2019, if approved.
On the 23rd August 2017, the Change Board did not reach the majority required to recommend the approval of SECMP0004, and therefore recommended it's rejection. Following the vote, SECAS issued the Final Modification Report to BEIS for Authority Determination. On the 29th September 2017, BEIS decided to reject SECMP0004.
Proposed implementation timetable
Modification Proposal raised: 19 February 2016
Panel considers Initial Modification Report: 11 March 2016
Working Group Consultation: 07 November 2016 - 28 November 2016
Panel considers Draft Modification Report: 10 March 2017
Modification Report Consultation: 17 July 2017 - 07 August 2017
Change Board vote: 23 August 2017
Authority Decision: 29 September 2017
- Modification Proposal Raised
- Initial Modification Report
- Refinement Process
- Modification Report
- Change Board Vote
- Modification Decision
If you believe there is a problem with this modification, please let us know HERE.