We have issued SECMP0049 ‘Section D Review: Amendments to the Modification Process’, SECMP0050 ‘Section D Review: Moving the Working Group Terms of Reference to a separate document’ and SECMP0051 ‘Section D Review: Amendments to the Fast Track Modification process’ for Working Group Consultation, which you are invited to respond to by 5pm on Thursday 14th June 2018.
- SECMP0049 Working Group Consultation
- SECMP0050 Working Group Consultation
- SECMP0051 Working Group Consultation
Who will be impacted?
These Modification Proposals are not expected to directly affect any SEC Parties or any systems. However, we encourage Parties to get involved in the refinement of these modifications as these will have an impact on any modifications raised in the future.
What is the proposed solution?
These Modification Proposals seek to progress the solutions proposed in our recent review of SEC Section D ‘Modification Process’:
- SECMP0049 proposes to amend the end-to-end SEC Modifications Process to introduce a formal ‘pre-modification process’ and enhance the role of the Change Board in developing and assessing modifications.
- SECMP0050 seeks to remove the detail on how SEC Modification Working Groups are formed and operate from the SEC and replace it with a Panel-owned ‘Working Group Terms of Reference’ document.
- SECMP0051 seeks to streamline the process for progressing a Fast Track Modification Proposal by aligning the process to that used under other energy codes.
How can I respond?
We invite you to respond to this Working Group Consultation by providing answers to the questions in response forms included in each consultation.
At this stage, the Working Group is not seeking your views on the merits of these modifications. These questions will be covered under the Modification Report Consultation, which will be issued in July 2018 once the Working Group has considered the responses to this consultation.
Please send your response to firstname.lastname@example.org using the consultation response forms by 5pm on Thursday 14th June 2018.
Where can I find further information?
Further information can be found on the SECMP0049, SECMP0050 and SECMP0051 pages of our website. If you have any questions or would like to discuss these modifications further, please contact Nikki Olomo on 020 7081 3095, Harry Jones on 020 7081 3345 or email email@example.com.