SEC version 6.7 came into effect on 28 February 2019 to implement five Modification Proposals as part of the February 2019 SEC Release. The modifications implemented were:
- SECMP0009 ‘Centralised Firmware Library’
- SECMP0057 ‘Users to notify SSC of a second or subsequent User System’
- SECMP0059 ‘Amendments to SEC Security Assessments for Non-Domestic Suppliers and Other Users’
- SECMP0061 ‘Enduring SEC Release Provisions’
- SECMP0064 ‘Alt HAN Co permission to seek access for Alt HAN Activities as a representative of energy suppliers’
The sections of the SEC affected were:
- Section A ‘Definitions and Interpretation’
- Section D ‘Modification Process’
- Section F ‘Smart Metering System Requirements’
- Section G ‘Security’
- Section Z ‘Alt HAN Arrangements’
Additionally, we have made corrections to Section L ‘Smart Metering Key Infrastructure and DCC Key Infrastructure’. These corrections are to rectify an error that had been introduced when SEC v5.16 was designated which had inadvertently removed the changes previously introduced by SECMP0022 ‘Expanding SMKI PMA membership and removing Alternate restrictions’.
You can download a zip folder containing SEC v6.7 here, or download the individual sections of the SEC from the SEC and Guidance Documents page of our website. The redlined changes to these documents can be downloaded here.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the changes to the SEC further, please contact the SEC Change Team on 020 7090 7755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.