SEC version 6.25 came into effect on 6 February 2020 to implement changes designated by the Data Communications Company (DCC).
DCC Further Testing Consultation
In December 2019, the DCC consulted on a few distinct testing issues related to:
- the completion arrangements for the Process for Device Model Combination Testing (DMCT Process);
- clarification and alignment for exit criteria related to end of cycle testing covering Systems Integration Testing (SIT) and Migration Testing (MT); and
- provisions to allow firmware changes during testing for the Secure cohort of Middle Operating Capability (MOC).
On 30 January 2020, the DCC concluded on this consultation and has now notified the changes to the Smart Energy Code (SEC).
What parts of the SEC were affected?
- SEC Appendix AK ‘SEC Variation Testing Approach Document for SMETS1 Services’
- In addition, the DCC has also published an updated ‘Migration Testing Approach Document for SMETS1 Services’.
- The DCC letter, accompanying annexes and redlining can be found here.
- You can download a zip folder containing SEC v6.25 here, or download the individual sections of the SEC from the SEC and Guidance Documents page of our website.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the changes to the SEC further, please contact our helpdesk on 020 7090 7755 or email email@example.com.