Approval of SMETS1 Device Model Combination onto the Eligible Product Combination List for DCC SMETS1 services
On 26 July 2019, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) approved the first Device Model Combination (DMC) onto the Eligible Product Combination List (EPCL).
As this is the first addition of a DMC onto the EPCL as part of the Initial Operating Capability this will trigger the DCC to release the relevant IOC update to the DCC Total System. The release is scheduled for 20:00 on Saturday 27 July and to complete by 02:00 on Sunday 28 July.
This new DCC functionality will enable the migration of these devices into the DCC system and use of SMETS1 services by DCC Users. In doing so this will allow Energy Suppliers to bring back Smart Services for those customers who have lost them and enable them to retain services on Change of Supplier
The BEIS approval letter can be found here.
SSD amendments supporting go live of initial DCC SMETS1 service operating capability
BEIS have issued a Government response to the consultation of 18 June 2019 on amendments to SEC Subsidiary Documents (SSDs) to support the enrolment and operation of SMETS1 devices in the DCC national communications network. This is to support the interoperability of these Devices when consumers change Energy Supplier. BEIS directs the incorporation of the new and amended SSDs into the SEC effective from 28 July 2019.
The BEIS direction letter and accompanying annexes can be found here.
Which SEC Documents will be affected?
- SEC Appendix E ‘DCC User Interface Service Schedule’
- SEC Appendix I ‘CH Installation and Maintenance Support Materials’
- SEC Appendix AA ‘Threshold Anomaly Detection Procedures’
- SEC Appendix AB ‘Service Request Processing Document’
- SEC Appendix AC ‘Inventory Enrolment and Decommissioning Procedures’
- SEC Appendix AD ‘DCC User Interface Specification Version 3.0’
- SEC Appendix AF ‘Message Mapping Catalogue Version 3.0’
- SEC Appendix AH ‘Self Service Interface Access Control Specification’
- SEC Appendix AL ‘SMETS1 Transition and Migration Approach Document’
- SEC Appendix AM ‘SMETS1 Supporting Requirements’ (new document)
Amendments will also be made to SEC Section A ‘Definitions and Interpretation’ in order to implement changes that had been erroneously omitted from a previous BEIS direction.
Where can I find further information?
- You can download a zip folder containing SEC v6.17 here, or download the individual sections of the SEC from the SEC and Guidance Documents page on our website.
- The versions of the SSDs that are being incorporated into the SEC are provided here.
- The redlining for this designation can be found here.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss these changes to the SEC further, please contact the SEC Change Team on 020 7090 7755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.