SEC v5.20 came into effect on 18th July 2018. This follows publication by BEIS of consultation conclusions on 4th June 2018 and completion of the associated parliamentary process. The SEC now enables the provision of a SMETS1 Service by DCC.
The following SEC Sections have been amended:
- Section A ‘Definitions and Interpretation’
- Section B ‘Accession’
- Section C ‘Governance’
- Section F ‘Smart Metering System Requirements’
- Section G ‘Security’
- Section H ‘DCC Services’
- Section I ‘Data Privacy’
- Section L ‘Smart Metering Key Infrastructure and DCC Key Infrastructure’
- Section N ‘SMETS1 Meters’
- Section T ‘Testing During Transition’
- Section X ‘Transition’
- Section Z ‘Alt HAN Arrangements’
- Schedule 7 ‘Specimen Enabling Services Agreement’
You can download a zip folder containing SEC v5.20 here, or download the individual sections of the SEC from the SEC and Supporting Documents page of our website. You can find a copy of the redlined changes here.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the changes to the SEC further, please contact us on 020 7090 7755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.