SEC v5.16 came into effect on 31st May 2018. This follows publication by BEIS of consultation conclusions on 27th March 2018 and completion of the associated parliamentary process. The SEC now incorporates:
- Changes related to the provision of Communication Hubs;
- Changes to permit DCC to develop and use a Production Proving capability; and
- Changes related to the removal of the non-domestic opt-out.
New SEC Section P ‘Production Proving’ has been created, and the following existing SEC Sections have been amended:
- Section A ‘Definitions and Interpretation’
- Section C ‘Governance’
- Section E ‘Registration Data’
- Section F ‘Smart Metering System Requirements’
- Section H ‘DCC Services’
- Section J ‘Charges’
- Section K ‘Charging Methodology’
- Section L ‘Smart Metering Key Infrastructure and DCC Key Infrastructure’
- Section X ‘Transition’
You can download a zip folder containing SEC v5.16 here, or download the individual sections of the SEC from the SEC and Guidance Documents page of our website. You can find redlined copies of the impacted SEC Sections here.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the changes to the SEC further, please contact us on 020 7090 7755 or email email@example.com.