SEC version 57.0 came into effect on 24 February 2022 to implement the February 2022 SEC Release. This included five Modification Proposals.
Summary of changes
MP116 ‘Service Request Forecasting’ removes the obligation on DCC Users to submit their quarterly Service Request forecasts in the previous format and the DCC will now provide a quarterly report based on actual Service Request data.
MP121 ‘Commissioning non-commissioned Devices after CoS’ places an obligation on Suppliers to exchange install codes upon request from other Suppliers via email.
MP173 ‘SMKI & DCCKI Document Set reviews’ implements the findings of the Smart Metering Key Infrastructure (SMKI) and DCC Key Infrastructure (DCCKI) Document Set review. This includes a large number of relatively minor typographical and cosmetic changes, as well as improving alignment between SEC documents and other industry standards.
MP179 ‘DCC Boxed’ makes the necessary changes to the SEC to allow DCC Boxed to be provided through an Explicit Charge to those Parties that wish to purchase it.
MP196 ‘Further IVP Extension for pre-SMETS2 v4.2 Devices’ extends the Installation Validity Period (IVP) end-date for any pre-Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specifications (SMETS) 2 v4.2 Devices by 12 months from its previous date of 27 April 2022 to 27 April 2023.
What parts of the SEC were affected?
- Section A ‘Definitions and Interpretation’
- Section G ‘Security’
- Section H ‘DCC Services’
- Section K ‘Charging Methodology’
- Schedule 7 ‘Specimen Enabling Services Agreement’
- Schedule 11 ‘TS Applicability Tables’
- Appendix A ‘Device Certificate Policy’
- Appendix B ‘Organisation Certificate Policy’
- Appendix C ‘SMKI Compliance Policy’
- Appendix D ‘SMKI Registration Authority Policies and Procedures’
- Appendix J ‘Enduring Testing Approach Document’
- Appendix K ‘SMKI and Repository Test Scenarios Document’
- Appendix L ‘SMKI Recovery Procedure’
- Appendix M ‘SMKI Interface Design Specification’
- Appendix N ‘SMKI Code of Connection’
- Appendix O ‘SMKI Repository Interface Design Specification’
- Appendix P ‘SMKI Repository Code of Connection’
- Appendix Q ‘IKI Certificate Policy’
- Appendix S ‘DCCKI Certificate Policy’
- Appendix T ‘DCCKI Interface Design Specification’
- Appendix U ‘DCCKI Repository Interface Design Specification’
- Appendix V ‘DCCKI CoCo and DCCKI Repository CoCo’
- Appendix W ‘DCCKI Registration Authority Policies and Procedures’
- Appendix X ‘Registration Data Interface Specification’
- Appendix AC ‘Inventory Enrolment and Decommissioning Procedures’
Where can I access the legal text?
The redlined changes for the documents available on CodeWorks can be found via the links below:
The redlining for SEC Appendix A, Appendix B, Appendix M, Appendix O and Appendix Q can be found here.
Our Document Log lists the versions of each SEC document now in effect following this release.
You can download clean versions of the individual SEC documents from the SEC and Supporting Documents section of our website or via CodeWorks.
Where can I find further information?
If you have any questions, you can call the SECAS Helpdesk at 020 7090 7755 or email email@example.com.