SECMP0049 ‘Section D Review: Amendments to the Modification Process’ proposes to introduce a new Development Stage into the SEC Modification Process, to help assess the issue identified by a proposal and ensure this is clear before proceeding to developing solutions. A major part of this change will be the introduction of a new Sub-Committee, called the Change Sub-Committee, who will play a key role during this new stage of the process.
We are anticipating an Authority decision on SECMP0049 in early January, with the implementation date (if approved) being 10 Working Days later. The Panel has already agreed what the terms of reference for the Change Sub-Committee should be, and you can find a copy of these here . If SECMP0049 is approved, we would be seeking the following members to sit on this new Sub-Committee:
- Two members representing Large Suppliers
- Two members representing Small Suppliers
- One member representing Electricity Network Parties
- One member representing Gas Network Parties
- Two members representing Other SEC Parties
The Change Sub-Committee’s main duties will be to:
- Review new proposals and help ensure the issue identified is clear or whether further work is needed to clarify and scope the proposal;
- Provide a view to the Proposer on whether there is merit in proceeding with the proposal; and
- Recommend to the Panel how the proposal should progress through the subsequent stages of the process.
As part of this Development Stage, if further input is needed, this will be sought by liaising with other Sub-Committees, consulting the wider industry, or convening specific Workshops formed of relevant industry experts.
If you would be interested in being a member of the Change Sub-Committee, please keep an eye out in January for a request for nominations, which we would aim to issue soon after a decision to approve SECMP0049 is received and would be open for 10 Working Days.
We will also be issuing further guidance on this new stage of the process and what it would mean for you as a Proposer of a change in January.
In the meantime, if you want any more information on SECMP0049, the Change Sub-Committee or the Development Stage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.