SEC version 6.16 also designates the changes to SEC Schedules 8, 9, 10 and 11 resulting from the following Modification Proposals which will be implemented on 7 November 2019 (November 2019 SEC Release):
- SECMP0018 ‘Standard Electricity Distributor Configuration Settings’;
- SECMP0023 ‘Correct Units of Measure for Uncontrolled Gas Flow Rate’;
- SECMP0025 ‘Electricity Network Party Access to Load Switching Information’; and
- SECMP0055 ‘Incorporation of multiple Issue Resolution Proposals into the SEC’.
Please refer to the updated SEC Schedule 11 ‘TS Applicability Tables’ to determine when the changes resulting from these modifications will come into effect.
What sections of the SEC have been amended and re-designated?
The following sections of the SEC have been amended:
- Section A ‘Definitions and Interpretation’
- Section F ‘Smart Metering System Requirements’
- Section G ‘Security’
- Schedule 8 ‘GB Companion Specification Version 3.1’;
- Schedule 9 ‘SME Technical Specifications 2 Version 4.0’;
- Schedule 9 ‘SME Technical Specifications 2 Version 4.1’;
- Schedule 10 ‘CH Technical Specifications Version 1.2’; and
- Schedule 11 ‘TS Applicability Tables’.
What sections of the SEC have been designated?
The following sections have been designated into the SEC:
- Schedule 8 ‘GB Companion Specification Version 3.2’;
- Schedule 9 ‘SME Technical Specifications 2 Version 4.2’; and
- Schedule 10 ‘CH Technical Specifications Version 1.3’.
In addition a new version of the SMETS1 Testing Baseline Requirements Document (v1.5) has been published on our Developing SEC page.
Where can I find further information?
You can download a zip folder containing SEC v6.16 here, or download the individual sections of the SEC from the SEC and Guidance Documents page of our website. The redlined changes to the affected documents can be found here or on our Developing SEC page.