In January this year the Authority approved SECMP0049 ‘Section D Review: Amendments to the Modification Process’. This modification introduces a new Development Stage into the SEC Modification Process, to help assess the issues identified by a proposal and ensure this is clear before proceeding to developing solutions. A major part of this change is the introduction of a new Change Sub-Committee, who will play a key role during this new stage of the process.
The Panel have agreed the terms of reference for the Change Sub-Committee, which can be found here .
The Change Sub-Committee’s main duties will be to:
- Review new proposals and help ensure the issue identified is clear or whether further work is needed to clarify and scope the proposal;
- Provide a view to the Proposer on whether there is merit in proceeding with the proposal; and
- Recommend to the Panel how the proposal should progress through the subsequent stages of the process.
As part of this Development Stage, if further input is needed, this will be sought by liaising with other Sub-Committees, consulting the wider industry, or convening specific Workshops formed of relevant industry experts.
We are now welcoming nominations for the Change Sub-Committee who will play a key role during this new stage of the process.
On 22 February 2019, SECAS issued a call for nominations for the following seats:
- Two members representing Large Suppliers;
- Two members representing Small Suppliers;
- One member representing Electricity Network Parties;
- One member representing Gas Network Parties; and
- Two members representing Other SEC Parties.
If you would like to nominate an individual, please submit a completed nominations form below to email@example.com by close of play Friday 15 March 2019.SEC Change Sub-Committee Nomination Form