Today the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) published a response to its consultation of 23 October 2020. This consulted on the date for BEIS’ designations and re-designations to align with the November 2020 SEC Release, and on additional corrections to Smart Energy Code (SEC) Technical Specifications and Subsidiary Documents (SSDs) that BEIS proposed to designate or re-designate for inclusion into the SEC in the November 2020 SEC Release.
Please note that many of the documents that are being introduced by BEIS are being immediately further modified by SEC Modifications. Please refer to our news page here to see the final versions of these documents.
The BEIS changes to SSDs are needed to support relevant changes to energy licences and the main body of the SEC that BEIS has previously consulted and concluded on. These comprise changes to support the addition of Auxiliary Proportional Controller functionality and XML signing Certificates functionality. Included within the consultation response are directions to designate/re-designate SEC Technical Specifications and SSDs for BEIS-directed changes in the November 2020 SEC Release and to bring into effect a modification to SEC Section L3.18 that was suspended by BEIS’ X3.1 Direction of 18 September 2020. The purpose of this suspension was to prevent the issuing of XML signing Certificates until functionality to support them is introduced as part of the November 2020 SEC Release.
The BEIS consultation response and accompanying annexes can be found here.
What parts of the SEC will be (re)designated on 29 November 2020?
(Re)designations to support the introduction of Auxiliary Proportional Controller functionality:
- SEC Schedule 8 ‘Great Britain Companion Specification v4.0’ (BEIS only version)
- SEC Schedule 9 ‘Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specifications 2 – 29 November 2020’ (BEIS only version)
- SEC Schedule 10 ‘Communications Hub Technical Specifications v1.4’
- SEC Schedule 11 ‘TS Applicability Tables v9.1’
- SEC Appendix E ‘User Interface Service Schedules v3.1’
- SEC Appendix AB ‘Service Request Processing Document v5.0’
- SEC Appendix AC ‘Inventory Enrolment and Decommissioning Procedures v3.0’
- SEC Appendix AD ‘DCC User Interface Specification v4.0’ (BEIS only version)
- SEC Appendix AF ‘Message Mapping Catalogue v4.0’ (BEIS only version)
(Re)designations to support the introduction of XML signing Certificates functionality:
- SEC Appendix B ‘Organisation Certificate Policy v2.1’
- SEC Appendix D ‘SMKI Registration Authority Policies and Procedures v2.1’
- SEC Appendix M ‘SMKI Interface Design Specification v3.0’
- SEC Appendix O ‘SMKI Repository Interface Design Specification v3.0’
Where can I find further information?
If you have any questions, you can call the SECAS Helpdesk at 020 7090 7755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.